The REF seeks a Financial Assistant
The REF is seeking a Financial Assistant to its office in Budapest, Hungary for one year period replacing the current Financial Assistant during her maternity leave. The Financial Assistant will work closely with the Financial and Administrative Manager of REF and thus, provide support to the operation of the office. Application deadline: July 5, 2010.
The Finance Assistant will work full time, according to the terms of his/her employment contract, which includes a three-month probation period as per the Hungarian Labor Law.
The Roma Education Fund (REF), founded in 2005, is a non-profit organization promoting the access of Roma children to quality education in fourteen countries of Europe. It provides grants, technical assistance and policy advice to governments and civil society organizations. The REF Office is located in Budapest, Hungary, with sixteen staff. In addition, five Country Facilitators and a Policy Development Advisors are working for REF in different partner countries.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
His/her responsibilities will include, but be not necessarily limited to, the following activities:
1. Office Financial Management, including
- paying bills,
- managing petty cash,
- preparing documents necessary for bookkeeping and accounting,
- maintaining contact with accountants and service providers,
- assisting in human resource management issues, including preparation of monthly payroll information for the accountants,
- assisting to develop the internal financial system (manuals, expenses coding),
- preparing contracts for REF suppliers and other partners
- tracking and updating the cash flow management.
2. Projects/Grants Financial Management, including
- assisting in contracting approved grants and releasing disbursements,
- assisting in preparing periodic management reports on finances, expenditures and budget,
- keeping track of project financial management documents to be received from the beneficiaries,
- liaising with the beneficiaries as necessary,
- taking part on financial monitoring of REF projects to check the proper usage if the REF funds based on the REF financial requirements and providing capacity building for the beneficiaries related to finance and administration operation
3. General Office related matters, including
- managing supplies and services for the operation of the office,
- taking charge of maintenance and repair of the office facilities, including the rented office, furniture and office technology equipment
- making regular quotations to reach the best deals among REF existing and possible suppliers.
- BA or MA degree in Finances, Accounting or similar fields.
- Minimum of three years of experience working in any of these or related fields.
- Fluency in SPOKEN English and good English writing skills.
- Fluency in Hungarian, both written and oral.
- Good analytical skills and attention to details.
- Ability to work in a multinational team, under pressure, large number of tasks and meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge and experience in capacity building with external clients
- Familiarity with the Decade of Roma Inclusion and working with Roma NGOs would be advantage
August 1, 2010.
The Finance Assistant will work in close collaboration with the Financial and Administrative Manager; therefore, he/she will report to the Financial and Administrative Manager directly.
July 5, 2010.
Applications, consisting of a CV and a Motivation Letter with wage level welcome, should be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, to the attention of Mr. Jeno Zsiga.