CEU MA and PhD Scholarships in Nationalism Studies, Hungary
November 16, 2010 - The Nationalism Studies Program at Central European University is pleased to announce its Call for Applications for Academic Year 2011/2012.
Central European University (CEU) is an English-language, graduate university located in Budapest, Hungary. The university is accredited in the US and Hungary.
This program addresses issues of nationalism, self-determination, state formation, ethnic conflict, minority protection, language and citizenship rights, and constitutional design in modern and contemporary societies. It encourages critical and interdisciplinary approaches to the study of nationalism and provides students with a theoretical and methodological background in applied social sciences. Students may specialize in Jewish studies.
* Master of Arts in Nationalism Studies (one year)
* Master of Arts in Nationalism Studies (two years)
* Doctor of Philosophy in Comparative History of Central, Southeastern and Eastern Europe
Selected Areas of Research
* Democracy and transnational politics
* Ethnicity and nationalism
* Nationalist politics and ethnicity
* Self-determination and international minority protection
* Transnational citizenship
* Nationalism in Southeastern Europe
Financial Aid and Tuition
The majority of CEU students receive internal or external financial aid. Various types of funding packages are available for Master’s students: CEU fellowships, tuition waivers, and external scholarships and financial aid. Nearly 90% of the doctoral students receive a full CEU fellowship that covers all tuition fees and a generous living allowance for up to three years. For more information, see here.
January 24, 2011: For applicants who wish/are required to take any CEU-administered admissions examinations and/or are requesting exemption from the English language proficiency requirement.
March 14, 2011: For applicants submitting applications complete with language scores or native English speakers
For detailed description of the general applications requirements, see here.
* MA Entry Requirements
Applicants to the MA Program must complete general CEU admissions requirements. In addition, they are also to submit: - a 500 word outline of their proposed research topic
- a writing sample, e.g. a term paper of minimum ten pages
* PhD Entry Requirements
Applicants from outside must complete general CEU admissions requirements and submit:
- a 500 word outline of their proposed research topic
- a writing sample, e.g. a term paper of minimum 10 pages - three recommendations.
For more information, see the official webpage.